Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 13, 2012

UPDATE: I support the Chicago Teachers Union. Post widely. « Fred Klonsky

I support the Chicago Teachers Union. Post widely. « Fred Klonsky:




The in box. Jonah Edelman invited to ASCD?

There are questions about this invitation. Wonder if they will video tape it?

ASCD Presenter Bio

Jonah Edelman

It was the civil rights movement, combined with a life-changing volunteer experience teaching a bilingual 1st grader how to read, that inspired Jonah Edelman to commit his life to public service. Son of Marian Wright Edelman, he comes by it naturally, but he has earned his own accolades for his visionary work as one of our nation’s leading voices for children.

As cofounder of Stand for Children, Edelman has guided the innovative nonprofit advocacy group in harnessing citizen commitment to effect political decisions and elections to get results for children. Beginning with his organizing 



The in box. “If Edelman is invited to speak, I will not renew my 25 year ASCD membership.”

Fred,
My comment to ASCD sent today.
I see that John Edelman is a keynote speaker at the ASCD fall conference.
If he speaks, I will never renew my ASCD membership again. You will have lost a 25 year member. How shameful that ASCD would invite him to speak.
- Rodger Sanders