Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fraud Alert! Beware of Change.Org « Diane Ravitch's blog

Fraud Alert! Beware of Change.Org « Diane Ravitch's blog:


Fraud Alert! Beware of Change.Org

From a reader:
Change.org & Students First are STILL at it! Yet ANOTHER Students First petition is attached to a valid one. This petition is titled
“Good Teachers Deserve Decent Pay.” REALLY??  Can someone out there get them to stop loading these phony petitions? It
says that 1,300,000+ people signed!!! To whoever can do anything–THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Note: I am still a “member” of StudentsFirst, having signed a petition without knowing that I was joining an organization that I did not wish to join.
I assume that a significant portion of the alleged 1.3 million “members” are like me. I’m guessing that over one