Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 27, 2012

Defining Definitions for ASCD « My Island View

Defining Definitions for ASCD « My Island View:


Defining Definitions for ASCD

This was originally posted in SmartBrief’s SmartBlog on Education http://smartblogs.com/education
I was lucky to have scored an invitation to the ASCD Leader to Leader ConferenceASCD is a premier education organization that engages a membership of about 150,000 educators internationally. This particular conference concentrates on the leadership of ASCD. It is a great effort by this organization to bring together its leadership as well as invite, introduce, promote and revere new leadership along with tried-and-true leaders. This is a great way for any organization to transfer power from the old guard to the new.
My invitation was somewhat of a mystery to me. I am not a leader within the organization or interested in becoming one. It is not that it is a position that I would not be honored to hold, but my career has taken me down another path. I am a blogger, and one of my platforms is ASCD EDge, one of several websites that ASCD