I have lived my entire life in the South, the upstate of South Carolina. My home state has the dubious distinction of being a nearly persistent focus of national derision on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show as we appear to be gifted at offering the sort of fodder for jokes that no one could make up and be believed (an ultra-conservative governor hiking the Appalachian Trail as cover for a mistress in South America, for example).
At risk of further reinforcing the worst stereotypes of my native South, I must acknowledge that the roads of SC are lined with many churches, most of which have signs in front that allow messages to be posted and changed as desired. On my way to work each day, I have been passing this sign:
All atheists are liberals.
Think about it.
This sign and message are typical of what you may find in front churches across the area, but for me, this message doesn't trigger some concern about my politics or religion, but reminds me of what I have come to call the Rush Limbaugh strategy from posing an argument: Present a