Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Can we talk? No. I have no access to the data base. « Fred Klonsky

Can we talk? No. I have no access to the data base. « Fred Klonsky:


Can we talk? No. I have no access to the data base.

Back in March at the IEA RA, I introduced a proposal that directed the state Board of Directors to create an opt-in data base that would allow members who shared legislative districts to contact each other for the purpose of political action and lobbying.
The leadership put a $24,000 price tag on it. That killed it.
Coming up with a huge dollar amount and attaching it to a rank-and-file proposal is one of the ways in which leadership has sway in determining the outcome of a vote.
Even my NBI 13 yesterday which called on the NEA to support  the Chicago Teachers Union was given a $920