Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Are We Addicted to Our Blinking Screens? « Diane Ravitch's blog

Are We Addicted to Our Blinking Screens? « Diane Ravitch's blog:


Are We Addicted to Our Blinking Screens?

Guess who is warning that we have become too addicted to computers, cell phones, and all those other devices?
Read here.
I may be addicted but I don’t think it is the usual kind of screen-addiction.
I love to communicate and exchange ideas.
Before I started this blog, I would tweet about 50-80 times daily.
It wasn’t for the joy of tweeting. I never tweeted to say “I am now at the corner of Broadway and 30th street,” or “I am sitting down to dinner.”
I communicated stories I had read that I wanted to share.
Other people share with me, and that’s how I am able to write about what is happening in other cities and states


ALEC in Salt Lake City This Week

I just learned that ALEC is holding a meeting this week in Salt Lake City.
One block away, ALEC critics will meet to discuss privatization, school vouchers, and other ALEC activities that undermine the public sector.
If you are in SLC, consider stopping by