Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, July 26, 2012

21st Century PLNs for School Leaders | Connected Principals

21st Century PLNs for School Leaders | Connected Principals:


21st Century PLNs for School Leaders


cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by krossbow
I have to admit that I was pretty excited to write my first post for the Edutopia group that has a great list of educators sharing some of their best practices.  I wanted to share the piece in my own learning space, but you can see the original article posted on the Edutopia site.
As many school administrators are enjoying their summer break, we all tend to think of ways that we can make


Getting Started with Informal Classroom Walkthroughs

Of all the things I have to do each day as a principal, my favorite “task” is getting into classrooms each day to see what students are learning. I actually don’t see it as a “task” of something I “have to do,” in fact I prefer it over all the other things that are on my necessary list of to-do’s (like the stack of paperwork!)  I am very passionate on this topic and believe it is every principal’s responsibility to be in classrooms. While I could write an entire book on this topic (and hopefully will someday) this post will just be some simple tips to get started.

It is very common for a new administrator to follow an administrator that was not in classrooms, which can make it awkward for the teachers and students that are not used to this practice. Or maybe you as an administrator have never really been in classrooms and have decided that you are going to start. If you just enter the classroom without doing some initial introduction of this, you will likely end up disrupting a class. Either the