Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Who Else Dreams About Creating a New Reality for Public Education? - The Educator's PLN

Who Else Dreams About Creating a New Reality for Public Education? - The Educator's PLN:


Who Else Dreams About Creating a New Reality for Public Education?

I am a 16 year dedicated professional educator with a never ending passion for meeting the needs of all students.  It is my professional goal to join/find/create a group of educational leaders who share my professional passion and recognize the need for innovative change in public education.  I have come to the realization that I no longer want to make small or minor adjustments to present practices in an individual school setting, but want to become a change agent on a larger scale.  I want to create and support major changes in educational systems and structures that will provide equitable access for ALL students to an education that recognizes them as unique, gifted and knowledgeable beings who are begging for the opportunity to imagine, think and create –not learn.
For 15 years I have pushed myself to be the best support that I could be for teachers and students, to no avail.  While I know that my efforts and dedication have touched and changed many lives, it has not been systematic and there are those that I could not reach or help.  I don’t believe that it is due to a fault within me, other