Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 10, 2012

This Teacher Knows How to Game the GRS Bracelet « Diane Ravitch's blog

This Teacher Knows How to Game the GRS Bracelet « Diane Ravitch's blog:


This Teacher Knows How to Game the GRS Bracelet

This teacher sent a comment; he or she has figured it out. If the galvanic response skin bracelet will give teachers a high effectiveness rating when students are excited, there is an easy way to game the system and fool the bracelet:
Can this galvanic contraption distinguish between different types of excitement? Sometimes a beautiful new female student joins my class and the young men are visibly excited–about the girl, but not about my thrilling explication of adverbs. If I want to keep my job, do I have to hire supermodels to audit my classes to raise the