Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday links. « Fred Klonsky

Sunday links. « Fred Klonsky:


Sunday links.

My dad, Robert Klonsky. 1937. Recently returned from the Spanish Civil War. Photographed by famed Life photographer Peter Stackpole for an article on the Abraham Lincoln Brigade.
Your pay, if you’re working, only grew half as fast as the average CEO in 2011.
Diane Ravitch on the art teacher knows what to do with bubble tests.
Alice Walker won’t let an Israeli publisher publish The Color Purple: “I would so like knowing my books are read by the people of your country, especially by the young, and by the brave Israeli activists (Jewish and Palestinian) for justice and peace I have had the joy of working alongside. I am hopeful that one day, maybe soon, this may happen. But now is not the time.”
The Massachusetts Education Association joins the leadership of the Illinois Education Association in