Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Pro and Con on I-1240 at The Stranger Slog

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Pro and Con on I-1240 at The Stranger Slog:


Pro and Con on I-1240 at The Stranger Slog

Our friends over at The Stranger Slog were kind enough to ask me to write a No on 1240 piece and had another parent write a Yes on 1240 piece.  The focus of each piece and the comments (and numbers of) are interesting.

One thing I find interesting is The Stranger is becoming a bigger player as a voice of editorial power in this town.  I know some of you may disagree - I am not saying they are the Times - but in Seattle, I think many voters who do not want to listen to the Times have turned away to The Stranger.

The Stranger, for all its smarty-pants, foul-mouth talk, does do its homework.  And, they do call themselves out when they get it wrong.  You don't find that kind of humility that often.

As I ponder the ballot, I come to the following conclusions.