Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, June 18, 2012

School Tech Connect: For Each Child That's Born

School Tech Connect: For Each Child That's Born:


For Each Child That's Born

At the recent CODE event on the northwest side, there was an extraordinary performance of Sweet Honey in the Rock's We Are. 


As a professional non-journalist, I am fully capable of losing my notes from any given assignment, and I have once again done so here. I regret not getting these women's names, but I believe Jitu Brown referred to them as being either board members or staff members (or both) of KOCO, the organization that understands better than any other the effects of the horrendous blame machine that is Chicago-style school reform. I believe this trio is called The Sounds of Soul.

Put your headphones on and enjoy this magnificent performance.

Popout

I covered the CODE event herehereherehere, and here. They're gathering signatures for an advisory