Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

NYC Educator: End-Year Evaluation

NYC Educator: End-Year Evaluation:


End-Year Evaluation


I've got a few more years before the geniuses who run the government institute junk-science VAM tests so I can be fired for trying to teach high-needs kids. Meanwhile, I'm fortunate enough to work in a place without Leadership Academy lunatics pushing abject nonsense as the next up-and-coming religious icon.
Every year, I pass around a suggestion box for my students. I let them say whatever they want anonymously, and then read the responses aloud. It’s pretty popular with the kids. So I'll consider this my assessment for the year. Guarantee--all responses verbatim, and only changed for grammar,  spelling, or to exclude the names of the innocent.
A good number of my students are happy:
Your class is the best because we work like a dog.
This class is very good. Mr. E. is the best teacher.
Hey, Mr. E., your class is the best because you make a lot of