Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 14, 2012

LAUSD: WHAT'S THE ANSWER? HELL, WHAT'S THE QUESTION? - Perdaily.com

LAUSD: WHAT'S THE ANSWER? HELL, WHAT'S THE QUESTION? - Perdaily.com:


LAUSD: WHAT'S THE ANSWER? HELL, WHAT'S THE QUESTION?

tea and cookies.jpg
(Mensaje se repite en Español)

(For a national view of public education reform see the end of this blog post)


My problems with the Los Angeles Unified School District started when I was 8 years old and had the misfortune of having Mrs. Arthur as my 3rd grade teacher at Laurel Elementary School. Like all children prior to being cowered and anesthetized by the mindless repetition of most LAUSD classrooms, I was on fire with the desire to learn. The more I learned, the more I wanted to learn. I would inhale assignments and always give more than the minimum, which in retrospect was problematic for Queen