Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 10, 2012

HEY, MITT ROMNEY, I HAVE A QUESTION. « Teachers Fight Back

HEY, MITT ROMNEY, I HAVE A QUESTION. « Teachers Fight Back:


HEY, MITT ROMNEY, I HAVE A QUESTION.

Whenever Mitt Romney is asked by a reporter to respond to those who criticize him for being rich, he always answers like this,” I’m not going to apologize for being successful, this is America, we honor success.”
Hey, Mitt, how come your supporters like the billionaire Koch brothers and your political party is out to destroy unions because union workers’ salaries and benefits are way to “lucrative”?  Why are teachers under fire for their unions having gained “lucrative” salaries like $40,000 a year, and “lucrative” pensions like my $26,000 a year for their workers ? Why are unionized industrial workers criticized for making $40 an hour ? I thought, “this is America, we honor success”?
I’m confused. Why is your success and the successes of business people to be “honored”, but when union workers finally achieve a modest success after a hundred years of fighting and struggling, why is that success