Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 22, 2012

Don’t Forget the Archives « Diane Ravitch's blog

Don’t Forget the Archives « Diane Ravitch's blog:


Don’t Forget the Archives

I am thrilled when I see that readers are looking at earlier blog posts. I started the blog in late April and have posted about 275 blogs. The earliest ones are as timely as the latest ones, but they get buried by the weight of new blogs.
I heard from a reader just now who came across my blog about a fascinating article in the Teachers College Record comparing U.S. education policy today to Stalin’s education policies: top-down, rigid and unrealistic goals, punishments for those who couldn’t meet the goals, and phony statistics.
The reader commented:
I didn’t know about Stalin’s education policies before I read this but for several years now I’ve been talking about