Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Was I Blocked? « Diane Ravitch's blog

Was I Blocked? « Diane Ravitch's blog:


Was I Blocked?

Teachers in the New York City public schools are posting tweets saying that they cannot access this blog on their school computers. One posted a screen shot saying that the school’s filter denies access to this site.
I wonder why?
If anyone is in a New York City public school, pleases let me know whether you can read this blog or any others that I have posted at this location.
There is only one way to find out whether I have actually been blocked, and that’s if people in various schools try to get through.
I have not had the best of relations with the NYC DOE, but this seems way too petty.
Please don’t do anything  you are not supposed to do, like using school time to read blogs. But if you do have a free period, where your life is your own, check this rumor out and let me know if it is true.
Diane