Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 20, 2012

An Urban Teacher's Education: GO WATCH THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!!

An Urban Teacher's Education: GO WATCH THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!!:


GO WATCH THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Last July, I had the privilege to attend a session led by Curtis Acosta (one of the teachers of the ethnic studies program recently banned by the Tucson Unified School District) at the SOS conference in DC. I noted it as the highlight of my conference experience. In the session, participants had the opportunity to view a documentary on the ethnic studies program called Precious Knowledge. I am ecstatic that everyone can now go watch the documentary for free until June 7. I've embedded it below, or you can go here.

Please watch this and share it widely.



Watch Precious Knowledge on PBS. See more from Independent Lens.



PINEAPPLE REBELLION 2012 (CLICK PICTURE)

Save Our Schools, Aug. 3-5. Washington, D.C.