Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

School Tech Connect: Cry Me A River?

School Tech Connect: Cry Me A River?:


Cry Me A River?

I have evidently announced my ambulatory status too soon. I'm going to do this one post and then crawl to bed.

In any event, in case you missed it, Rich Miller had this to say today, among other things.

* Listen, folks, when the state is talking about kicking tens (even hundreds) of thousands of some of Illinois’ most vulnerable citizens (elderly and the poor) off Medicaid programs, it’s really tough to totally sympathize with public employees. Senior citizens paid taxes their entire lives, but now health care benefits are about to be snatched away from them. So, this whole idea of how you contributed to your pension and how the state screwed up so you should now be spared any cuts at all just doesn’t pull at my heart strings.

I am opposed to this disgusting national race to the bottom. I cannot stand the argument that just because millions of people are never going to be able to retire at any sort of comfort level that