Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Owners and players. « Fred Klonsky

Owners and players. « Fred Klonsky:


Owners and players.


Even as a kid I knew the difference between owners and players and the game.
As a Dodger fan I loved Jackie Robinson. And I hated Walter O’Malley.
As an adult I could swear allegiance to the Bulls and MJ while feeling nothing but contempt for Jerry Reinsdorf.
So I have no problem with the Cubs and their players.
Even though the new owners are scumbags.
The story today is that the Ricketts family, owners of the Cubs, are million dollar funders of a super-PAC that is planning to launch a race-baiting campaign against President Obama.
The Ricketts family don’t seem to be the brightest stars in the sky considering that they are looking for a government hand-out to repair  Wrigley Field. Wrigley’s charms are somewhat mitigated by the falling pieces of