Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: Christie: More Money's Good For My Kid, But Not Yours!

Jersey Jazzman: Christie: More Money's Good For My Kid, But Not Yours!:


Christie: More Money's Good For My Kid, But Not Yours!

Chris Christie, 4/10/12:
The thing that’s stunned me all along about this is that I don’t understand Democrats who are the ones who are predominantly representing these kids and don’t stand up and fight for them. I don’t understand it. Here I am, a Republican living in a suburban district, with an overwhelming majority of my votes coming from rural and suburban voters, who are generally served very well by their public education system, except for cost. And I’m the one fighting, I’m the one delivering every Republican vote in the Legislature, I’m fighting, tooth and nail, with Democrats who are watching the kids in their districts fail. So, I’m going to be talking very directly, in that way about it. And putting it on them. It’s on them now. [emphasis mine]
"...except for cost."

Chris Christie lives in Mendham. If his kids went to the public high school, they would attend Mendham High in