Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Daily Kos: An unusual Saturday morning

Daily Kos: An unusual Saturday morning:


An unusual Saturday morning

since it has been more than a week since I last saw my students - spring break began a week ago Friday.
Yet I have not been totally out of touch from them - some have emailed me, as did several former students, in one case who had just heard that I was retiring.
And today I begin to refocus on the forthcoming week.  Officially it begins at 8 AM on Monday, although I will not get to my classroom until sometime after 10, missing at least my first period, if not more.  That's because at 9 AM I have an appointment to officially sign my retirement papers.
Some thoughts about that anon.
For my AP classes we have a review and then an exam on our last unit, then one more brief unit, then we begin the process of preparing for the AP exam.  One task today is to put together the review materials I want them to have and be able to use.
For my regular classes, we continue to go through additional material to help them understand their government.  But the weather is warm, many of them are tired of school, there is no high stakes exam that they face, so the