Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Daily Kos: on religion, belief, political participation and more

Daily Kos: on religion, belief, political participation and more
on religion, belief, political participation and more

in light of the dueling diaries on the rec list on the subject of belief versus atheism etc., I thought it might be relevant for me to repost this, written almost 7 years ago on April 16, 2005.  It might be worthwhile noting that progressives of faith were very much a part of the early days of this site, and we had worship services at the very first Yearly Kos in Las Vegas.
The only changes to the original form of this diary are to update the information about my age
A statement for Pastor Dan
My name is Kenneth Bernstein.  On various electronic fora I am known as teacherken.  Much of my life has been an inchoate search for meaning.   During my almost 66 years of life I spent time in a variety of religions.  While I am now officially a member of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), I have at various times attended