Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why I Decided to Become a Private School Teacher - Teacher in a Strange Land - Education Week Teacher

Why I Decided to Become a Private School Teacher - Teacher in a Strange Land - Education Week Teacher:


Why I Decided to Become a Private School Teacher

This is a guest post from Nadia Zananiri, who teaches AP World History at Miami Beach Senior High School, and serves as AP World History mentor teacher for Miami Dade county. She is founder of the Facebook groupFlorida Parents Nadia twitter.bmpand Educators for Legislative Change.

I am not a private school teacher yet; but I am planning on becoming one. I have taught at a wonderful public school with a college prep program that allows all students access to a world class education for my entire teaching career.
I teach in an urban area with a mix of students. In the Advanced Placement classes I teach, I have students from some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country, to some of the poorest. Families that have been here for generations,