Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 2, 2012

SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Who I Am and What's On My Mind

SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Who I Am and What's On My Mind:

Who I Am and What's On My Mind

I originally wrote this for the Huffington Post on February 5. I have slightly rewritten it.

This is a big step for me. My name is Peter Zucker. I am a teacher at PS 154 in District 7 in The Bronx. For too long, I have lived in the world of anonymity, or better yet, using a pseudonym. I feel that doing this only has led me and my views to have less credibility and has affected my writing and opinions.

Not that I am going to change who I am, and not that I will tell it like it is, but rather, or perhaps, tone it down, to be less sarcastic, less snarky.

I started this blog in August 2008 as a way to keep a journal about my day to day dealings with everything in my school, PS 154, District 7, in The Bronx. I went on TV