Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Write to Your Legislator NOW

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Write to Your Legislator NOW:

Write to Your Legislator NOW

From afar I have been following the machinations of the State Senator Republicans (and the 3 Roadkill Dems including Rodney Tom) and the state budget.

I can only say that, like Nick Hanauer, this is no way to show loyalty to your party. I think if Senator Tom wants to be a Republican, he should go back to being one (he acts like one anyway). I also think that these three men have done damage to their reputation within the Democratic delegation. I certainly would not trust what they say in the future.

I also had been wondering why LEV had been so silent on the subject of the charter legislation and now it's obvious. They knew this ploy was coming. I'm sure that they were pushing it all along and hope that they will come out with the charter bill (in some form) passed. I can only say I hope that if that happens, they take the $3M away from Pettigrew. It would all seem like a bit much.