Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, March 22, 2012

School Tech Connect: Crowdsourcing the Lobby Effort

School Tech Connect: Crowdsourcing the Lobby Effort:


Crowdsourcing the Lobby Effort

I locked myself in my office tonight for two hours to work on the statewide database of teacher/activists and what I found was that the whole thing didn't even take two hours. I'm testing for bugs in the system tonight, tomorrow, and possibly Saturday.

I've decided to aim high. It will be more than a database; it will have a community space for all of us who want to work with legislators-- in Springfield and in the district offices around the state. The crowdsourcing of lobbying is probably the last untapped resource we have, and I know we can make it work.

It's got a working name.



Not the smoothest thing in the world but it will do. Keep your eyes peeled.

Anyway, exciting news over in the 39th. I'm sending victory vibes over there to Will Guzzardi. My hypothesis is 

I Can Never Figure This One Out

Reconcile this with this. Has Arne Duncan ever been asked about this charter network publicly? Oh, I see thathe has.