Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: Tom Moran, I'm Begging: Answer These Questions About Tenure

Jersey Jazzman: Tom Moran, I'm Begging: Answer These Questions About Tenure:


Tom Moran, I'm Begging: Answer These Questions About Tenure

First of all, I don't ever want to hear the Star-Ledger Editorial Board complain about money the NJEA spends on advertising; not after today's anti-tenure editorial. Granting a very occasional space to the union to run an op-ed in rebuttal is hardly equivalent to many, many pieces the Ledger has written in support of policies to abolish tenure as we know it. The NJEA has every right - in fact, they have a duty - to their members to present the other side of this debate.

(And thanks to Matt Katz of the Philadelphia Inquirer for demonstrating that there is wide-spread support among teachers for the NJEA to continue this information campaign.)

I'll assume this piece was written by Tom Moran, who has made his feelings about tenure quite clear. I won't