Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 26, 2012

Geaux Teacher!: WHO CAN YOU BELIEVE?

Geaux Teacher!: WHO CAN YOU BELIEVE?:

WHO CAN YOU BELIEVE?
by 

Quite a few educators have forwarded correspondence they have had with legislators regarding the passage of HB 974 (Tenure/teacher evaluation) and HB 976 (Vouchers)and regarding upcoming bills filed.

I am sharing two here along with my analysis of both to demonstrate how misleading, misinformed or patently false some of their comments are. I will forward this blog to both of these representatives so that they can respond in the event I have misinterpreted their e-mails. It became painfully evident to everyone listening to the live House debate that many of our representatives are not familiar with the bills they are voting on or just haven't studied them. Of course THEY AREN'T EDUCATORS!! That's why we have tried so hard to have our voices heard - usually to no avail.

If you have received e-mails from any legislators that you would like me to post here, please send to lpbharley@aol.com to expedite.

From Representative Henry Burns:

Teacher #1 said: Well, here is the response I got