Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A City Education: The Case for Academics During Spring Break - Education - GOOD

A City Education: The Case for Academics During Spring Break - Education - GOOD:


A City Education: The Case for Academics During Spring Break

camps.1
In our A City Education series, two City Year corps members share their experiences working as tutors and mentors in schools in hopes of closing the achievement gap and ending the dropout crisis.

I don’t remember what I did during my elementary school vacations. I probably hung out with one or two friends and spent the rest of my time watching television or reading. It certainly was a relaxing way to spend my week, but nothing too memorable. My hope, however, is that the 600 students who participated in City Year New