Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Schools Fail Boys « Cooperative Catalyst

Schools Fail Boys « Cooperative Catalyst:

Schools Fail Boys

This post is a guest post (cross-posted from Stump The Teacher) by , who is a “father, husband, 6th grade SS/LA teacher, tech enthusiast, current IL teacher of the year, ISTE emerging leader and aspiring Jedi.” according to his Twitter ID. I have been learning from Josh for a while and appreciate his honest examination of all we do in education. Please follow him on Twitter as@stumpteacher and join in the conversation about this post!

Schools Fail Boys

Before you read, understand that this might be offensive or considered sexist, but I feel a need
to share some thoughts I have had recently in regards to boys in our schools. We are failing them. I base my argument on the basis that yes, I am a boy myself, as well as the fact that I grew up with two brothers and have two sons of my own. With that in mind, I feel as though I have a fair amount of experience with boys in schools.