Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

School Tech Connect: No Big Surprises

School Tech Connect: No Big Surprises:

No Big Surprises

No big surprises at the CPS Board meeting tonight. If anyone thought they weren't going to vote in lockstep agreement on the "turnarounds," then that person was seriously deluded. Dissent is not the role of an appointed board.

Mayor Adrian Fenty Rahm Emanuel
I will say this much-- I've been awakened by this experience. I feel like I've been sleepwalking through the entire disaster that has descended upon my profession over the past ten years, like I knew about it intellectually but never felt it. Now I feel it. And it's not all bad, either. I feel like I've finally met, in one form or another, the people who will influence the next part of my own life-- a part that will be more important and less self-centered, less trivial.

You can't really see the forest when you're grading papers