Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 6, 2012

California Honors Teachers of the Year « InterACT

California Honors Teachers of the Year « InterACT:

California Honors Teachers of the Year

FEBRUARY 6, 2012

In my work with Accomplished California Teachers, it has been my good fortune to collaborate with some true leaders in our field, who found their way to the spotlight by being named California Teachers of the Year. Alex Kajitani was the first: a rappin’ mathematician from San Diego, Alex represented our state in the national Teacher of the Year functions and activities, where I was lucky to have Cindi Rigsbee helping me make some California connections. Alex encouraged me to attend the annual dinner to honor our state teachers of the year, and that advice put me in contact with 2010 Teacher of the Year Kelly Kovacic, who became a fellowblogger here at InterACT. Valerie Ziegler was also part of the 2010 cohort; she also