Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 19, 2012

solidaridad: The struggle to save LAUSD's adult education program

solidaridad: The struggle to save LAUSD's adult education program:

The struggle to save LAUSD's adult education program

Anyone interested in the struggle to save the program, can contact me. We are holding a strategy meeting Friday, January 20, 2012.

First published on Schools Matter



"I'm an adult ed teacher, and I just want to say thanks to those of you outside of adult ed who understand the importance of what we do, and are willing to stand with us as we fight to survive this year. When I go back to work tomorrow morning and greet my class full of ADULTS studying basic math, GED prep, and high school subjects, I will feel better knowing that you who work in K-12 understand the importance of what we do for families and communities. Parents who can't read or do arithmetic can't help their kids learn." — Michelle Cohen

Join the struggle to save LAUSD's adult education programsFrom regular high school students in need of credit recovery, to students