Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 6, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Drawing Lines in the Sand

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Drawing Lines in the Sand:

Drawing Lines in the Sand

As I mentioned previously, I attended the Coe Elementary event last night. It was fairly full but I wish I had publicized it more as it was worthwhile being there. But it deserves a separate thread.

But a couple things happened and as I pondered them in bed last night (while nursing a cold) as well as thinking about all that has been written in the media lately, I came to some conclusions.

The first thing that happened is that one parent got up and said that it seemed like with the survey results and parents and teachers speaking out, that the majority of people want Dr. Enfield to stay. That got some decent applause. Not from me, though.