Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 5, 2012

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST USELESS RESEARCH « Teachers Fight Back

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST USELESS RESEARCH « Teachers Fight Back:

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST USELESS RESEARCH

I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore. I’m urging my congressman to initiate legislation that would make it a federal crime to conduct unnecessary research. I urge all of you to get behind this effort and contact your legislator. Your efforts just might be enough to prevent me from doing bodily harm to the next researcher who examines a subject that doesn’t need examining.

Two more scientific studies are out that reach such a blatantly obvious conclusion that it makes you wonder if the researchers are from another planet. It’s really irritating that one of these, like many others, were done at a public institution that receives tax payer money. We must stop this madness now!

One of the studies concludes that, “kids who get more exercise tend to do better in school.” The other study concludes that kids from an impoverished background are less likely to ask questions in class than middle-class