Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 15, 2012

7 Top Things Teachers Want from Their Principal | Connected Principals

7 Top Things Teachers Want from Their Principal | Connected Principals:

7 Top Things Teachers Want from Their Principal



At the first staff meeting in August, I asked the staff at my new school to write a notecard answer to the following question:

  • “What do you need from your principal?”

The answers ranged from very practical to very theoretical. When put all together, these needs represent a healthy school culture eager to get to know the new guy.

As my own nearly-mid-year review of these ideas, I decided to categorize the answers and self-assess as I go (more about that in a future post). Just like all categorization efforts, this one is highly subjective and open to