Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

School Tech Connect: Those Terrible Teachers

School Tech Connect: Those Terrible Teachers:

Those Terrible Teachers

I can't add anything to Sharon's lovely, sad piece about the AUSL infomercial on the 29th at Morton. I occasionally read commentary from so-called reformers to the effect that nobody is attacking teachers, so stop saying that reformers are attacking teachers. Well, the mayor of Chicago is attacking teachers. It's his M.O.

These parents who were rounded up to slam the teachers from the pre-AUSL Morton, let me just say this about them. I've worked at private schools with $20k tuition, I've worked in two of the "best" districts on the North Shore, and I've worked at struggling public schools in poverty-impacted Mesa, Arizona. At any of these places,