Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Daily Kos: Paying it forward to the Daily Kos community

Daily Kos: Paying it forward to the Daily Kos community:

Paying it forward to the Daily Kos community

I owe this community a great deal.

I have developed a voice by writing here.

When money was tight this past summer, this community supported my candidacy for a DFA scholarship so i was able to attend Netroots Nation in Minneapolis - also, a member of the community paid my airfare and gave me some pocket money.

I have always felt welcome in the acceptance by this community of what I post.

When I shared Some news about me you honored me with 557 comments and 1257 recommends.

And as I noted two weeks ago in Daily Kos looks different to me, I was a relatively early recipient of a gift lifetime subscription.

Now it is time for me to give back. With my wife's full blessing, we have already given someone a gift lifetime


Music for this day - from Richard Wagner

no, I'm not kidding.

His wife Cosima Liszt, was born this day in 1837 (and yes, she was the daughter of Franz Liszt, and first the wife of Hans von Bulow).

Their son Siegried was born in 1869.

On Christmas morning in 1870, she awaken to the sounds of the original version, for chamber orchestra, that her


O Magnum Mysterium

is a responsorial from the Matins for Christmas

in Latin: O magnum mysterium,
et admirabile sacramentum,
ut animalia viderent Dominum natum,
jacentem in praesepio!
Beata Virgo, cujus viscera
meruerunt portare
Dominum Christum.