Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

An Urban Teacher's Education: Distraction Matters

An Urban Teacher's Education: Distraction Matters:

Distraction Matters

I spent a large portion of my Thanksgiving Break doing things like watching The Walking Dead and Dexter. (I don't really love either of the shows, but my affinity for both end-of-the-world scenarios and serial killers doing good work keeps me interested enough.)

I should have been mapping out my world history curriculum for next semester, which I've been telling myself I would do since the year began. I had also planned on doing some research into valuable media outlets for Washington State education policy and news. (Keeping up with education news was so much easier in the big urban districts on the East Coast.)

Instead of being even moderately responsible, I pretty much slothed away my five-day break. And while I had a