Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 18, 2011

TEACHERS – RECORD YOURSELF « Teachers Fight Back

TEACHERS – RECORD YOURSELF « Teachers Fight Back:

TEACHERS – RECORD YOURSELF

I saw a news item which showed a video of a special education teacher screaming at one of his students. Another horrible example of a teacher caught in an unprofessional act.

I have a suggestion for teachers everywhere. It’s an excellent idea to record yourself as you teach. Record yourself at various times of the week and the day. Listen to the recording at home and see if there are areas of your delivery that you can improve on.

Ask yourself questions as you listen to the recording. Am I being enthusiastic in my delivery? Am I being professional at all times? Am I being positive with my students? Do I sound interesting? Am I talking too much and not involving the students enough? Have I made it very clear what my students are expected to know by the