Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teacher: Year Going “Pretty Shitty” | Mr. Teachbad

Teacher: Year Going “Pretty Shitty” | Mr. Teachbad:

Teacher: Year Going “Pretty Shitty”

FAKE EDUCATION NEWS

Omaha, NE

Tim Laud­ner, 26, is a sec­ond year his­tory teacher at Nor­ris Mid­dle School in Omaha, NE. Mr. Laud­ner is not hav­ing a good year.

He hasn’t lost all hope, but nei­ther is he opti­mistic. I made an appoint­ment to meet with Mr. Laud­ner before school to talk with him about his expe­ri­ences as a sec­ond year teacher.

We got right to it.

Teach­bad Edu­ca­tion News (TEN): Thanks for agree­ing to meet with me this morn­ing. You told me over the phone that your first year was pretty rough. How is your sec­ond year going? How does it compare?

Mr. Laud­ner: You’re wel­come. Yeah, this is my sec­ond year. Legally, I believe a teacher’s first year is required to