Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Parents United for Responsible Education » Blog Archive » PSAT for 11-22-11: Give thanks for teachers

Parents United for Responsible Education » Blog Archive » PSAT for 11-22-11: Give thanks for teachers:

PSAT for 11-22-11: Give thanks for teachers

I’m going to give you an easy one today. For Public Schools Action Tuesday (PSAT) and to start Thanksgiving a little early, please give thanks for teachers.

The Use Your Teacher Voice web site is a good place to start. You’ll hear from a variety of teachers like David, from Social Justice High School, who explains the link between poverty and student learning difficulties.

I am so grateful to the teachers in my own family. My Dad was an education professor and reading diagnostic expert whose no-nonsense, progressive approach to student learning was a great model. My Mom is a retired elementary music teacher who went the extra mile, writing and directing a musical every year and including most of the older students so that everyone could be a part of the fun. I’m also grateful for my older sister Kris who had