Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kids and Teachers On the Edge: Homelessness and Transiency in Our Public Schools | California Father

Kids and Teachers On the Edge: Homelessness and Transiency in Our Public Schools | California Father:

Kids and Teachers On the Edge: Homelessness and Transiency in Our Public Schools

Read this great article about the impact of homelessness on education. I share my comment below:

This is quite a beautifully written article, Andrew, about a vitally important topic. For obvious reasons, I sympathize with the kids. As a special ed teacher myself, I have seen what negative impact homelessness and transiency have. A few days ago I learned that one one of my students, a girl three years below grade level and in such poor health her tooth crumbled while I was giving a