Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Former Marine, Officer Calls Pike “Cowardly” in Open Letter - Davis, CA Patch #OWS

Former Marine, Officer Calls Pike “Cowardly” in Open Letter - Davis, CA Patch:

Former Marine, Officer Calls Pike “Cowardly” in Open Letter

Captain Souza,

My proudest accomplishment in life was earning the title United States Marine. Today, I continue to espouse the Marine qualities of honesty, integrity and courage.

I have worked many protests as a DC policeman and as a United States Marine fighting in Iraq. I am perplexed as to how a non-violent demonstration would necessitate police in riot gear or their use of pepper spray.

I understand that Lt. John Pike was a U.S. Marine.

The vast majority of former United States Marines would never have taken the cowardly action of pepper spraying non violent, sitting protestors. Former Marines should carry their Marine training, ethos, and Marine attributes