Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The NEA, Your Kids’ School and the Middle Seat - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard

The NEA, Your Kids’ School and the Middle Seat - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard:

Lily's Blackboard Rotating Header Image

The NEA, Your Kids’ School and the Middle Seat

I travel a lot these days meeting with teachers and support staff and principals and parents and the press and anyone anywhere who wants to join hands and make good things happen for kids. I was on my way to Wichita to speak at a conference and the nice man in the middle seat started a nice conversation.

It always starts out nice.

“So, is Wichita home?” he nicely asks.

“No, I’m speaking at a teacher’s conference.”

“So, you a teacher?” he nicely asks.

“Yes, I’m a 6th grade teacher from Utah who works with the National Education Association. Kansas-NEA invited me to come talk about what we’re doing for our