Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, October 14, 2011

Daily Kos: The process now begins

Daily Kos: The process now begins:

The process now begins

what process, you ask? Has it something to do with OWA?

Not directly.

The process is figuring out what to do with the rest of my life.

In May I will turn 66. At that age one can work full time while drawing social security and pay no penalty.

I am already eligible for a pension from teaching.

I still enjoy teaching the kids. It is the other crap with which one has to deal that is wearing me down.

I also wonder if I might perhaps be able to contribute more doing something else.

Besides, this year I have no bad classes, and realistically no bad kids. It would be a nice group with which to end my teaching career.

So I have started the process of exploring alternatives.

Let me share a bit beneath the fold.

And if you are not interested or think I'm self indulgent for sharing this with this community, which has been my electronic home for approaching 8 years, perhaps this is not the diary to which you should be paying attention.