Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What Happened to My Grade Book?: A Lesson in Word Choice, for Me

What Happened to My Grade Book?: A Lesson in Word Choice, for Me:

A Lesson in Word Choice, for Me

I agree with you. Sean Gainger, @graingered ,tweeted in response to my blog "=ing highstakes tests w/weapons of war is xtreme. IMO. Perspective."


Here's how I originally started Rubbish Piles of #blueberries and #Edreform that provoked his response.


"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." Dwight D. Eisenhower
This quote is perfectly applicable to the weapons made by high-stakes test/assessment publishers -MacGraw Hill and Pearson- in the name of student accountability. I also