Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Third Way’s “Revisionist Analysis” [Bold-faced lie!] « School Finance 101

Third Way’s “Revisionist Analysis” [Bold-faced lie!] « School Finance 101:

Third Way’s “Revisionist Analysis” [Bold-faced lie!]

I know I said I’d stop addressing the Third Way report on Middle Class Schools, but I do have one more thing to point out. Third Way issued a memo in which it aggressively attacked my assertion that they had used district level data to characterize middle class schools. Again, this assertion was relevant to showing the absurdity of their classification scheme, but there were numerous other problems with the report.

My NEPC Review

My NEPC Response to Third Way Memo regarding Methods

Third way claims my analyses to be “fatally flawed” because, as they claim in their follow-up memo, their analyses were actually at the school level and did not, as I show in tables in my review, contain all schools in poor cities including Detroit, Philadelphia or Chicago. Allow me to point out that what I actually said in my review