Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Madison Prep and the Attack on Public Education | AMPS

Madison Prep and the Attack on Public Education | AMPS:

Madison Prep and the Attack on Public Education

Mission Of Burma – “Academy Fight Song” (click to listen or download).

[Note; This post is adapted from an article I wrote over a week ago for the Progressive Dane Newsletter (as of this writing PD has not taken a position on the Madison Prep proposal). I've only changed minimally for posting here; one thing I have added is some hyperlinks (but I did not link as thoroughly as I usually do), another is a small "For Further Reading" set of links at the end," and of course the song. This is intended to be a broad overview and introduction to what I think are some of the most important issues concerning the decision on theMadison Preparatory Academy presented in the context of related national issues. Issues raised in this post have been and will be treated in more depth -- and with hyperlinks -- in other posts]

For decades free market advocates such as the Bradley Foundation, the Walton Foundation and the Koch